Re: can't release 2.15.17 due to translators

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: can't release 2.15.17 due to translators
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:13:20 +0100

>> > Yes.
>>
>> Yes what.
>
> Yes, you are correct: the issue is distribution related.
>
>> > - made the translators only "combine" their work with dev/staging
>>
>> "combine" as in $ git combine ?
>
> sigh.  is there any word that git *doesn't* use?!
>
> I meant "combine" as in "either merge, or rebase, or merge
> -ff-only, or pull -r, or git gather --sparkly-unicorn-princess, or
> whatever is the best way to get commits from lilypond/translation
> to dev/staging".
>
> Consult David about what command you should run.

The normal workflow would be to merge _from_ master into translation,
but _into_ staging from translation.

The problem is that so far our success rate for getting merges from
staging into master in a reasonable state has not exactly been fabulous
(in other words, zero).  That's why I would like not to have any
automatic merges except fastforwards.