Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:32:25 +0100

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Joe Neeman <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2012/3/6 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>
>> They look better indeed time-wise.
>> As for the output, i've only did a quick look and noticed this: why
>> you deleted horizontal padding?  This results in mf at the bottom
>> right of 1st page of Tota pulchra to jump into above lyrics.
>

> The way skyline padding was being done made the code very messy. Also,
> padding was being added in multiple places, so some things were getting
> extra padding. However, the capability for doing padding is still there (for
> example, with the outside-staff-horizon-padding property). I agree, though,
> that the defaults will need to be revisited.

ok.  i can't say anything about the code, sorry - i really don't have
the time to read it.  If you say that capability for horizontal
padding is still there, i'm fine with this.

>> Actually, small/zero horizontal padding might give better results in
>> some places, but that needs thorough investigation.
>
> Something that, FWIW, never happened with the previous defaults.

do you mean that there was no padding previously?  Sure, some of the
padding is Mike's addition, but in the scores compiled with master i
see padding around stems for example: their outlines are 3 times wider
than stems themselves.  That's not present in your version, see
attached.

HTH,
Janek