Re: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: GOP-PROP 2-1: LilyPond is part of GNU
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:56:51 +0200

Il giorno lun, 16/07/2012 alle 14.57 +0200, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
> info manuals are only in english?
> I can't see other languages in /usr/share/info
>
> both info and yelp show only the english version of the manual
> how can I see another language?

AFAIK there is no i18n design or support in Info documentation, so we
don't build translated Info files.  It would not be hard to add such
support, it's mainly sorting Info files installation and lookup,
managing of locales and encodings, maybe extending Texinfo language a
bit to support language-switch at each node or manual, but it means a
couple of dozens of hours of work (well I think around 200 reading and
writing emails included), assuming you know the required programming
languages (those of makeinfo and info viewers (info, Emacs, Konqueror,
GNOME Yelp...).  The product of my motivation and my available time is
too low to do most of the work myself in any foreseeable future, but if
you are interested, I can mentor you by giving pointers, contacting
Texinfo people, supporting you in writing and reviewing patches, and I
can get involved in a part of designing the specifications.

Cheers,
John