Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 01:31:52 -0700

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 00:51:56 -0700, <address@hidden> wrote:

Marc, please don't throw the whole 2533 issue stuff out; look at the
latest version at
http://codereview.appspot.com/6431044
in particular bar-line.cc and repeat-sign.ly.

I really don't mind if your patch goes before mine (it would even be
better - why push a change to a file that is to be thrown out by the
next commit), but I do mind that (some of) those cases work right, and
unfortunately I'm far less fluent in Scheme than in C++.

I had suggested that Marc incorporate pending changes to the bar-line code
if he is confident in them,
but it does seem cleaner make one commit a simple re-implementation of C to
Scheme, with the same functionality.

He is not really throwing out the issue-2533 stuff, because that stuff is
not in the code base at the moment.

You will just have to cooperate with Marc or another Scheme programmer, if
the re-implementation goes in first.  If it really turns out to be harder
for the group to modify the code in Scheme than it was in C, then the reason
for Marc's patch would prove to be wrong and we can just go back to C.