Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Issue 1320: Scheme bar line interface (issue 6305115)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 12:06:59 +0200

Am 20.07.2012 23:16, schrieb address@hidden:
Works fine for me, but it will need updated to synchronize with the
patches soon-to-be-pushed to the C version.
Ok.

Since the C code is getting bug-fixes and improvements at the same time
as you port to Scheme, you should incorporate the improved behavior into
your Scheme code as soon as you agree that it is correct.  When the
changed C code is pushed, you will need to rebase your patch, but the
state of code we are reviewing will not change so often.

Marks and bar-numbers above repeat bars now seem to align to the center
of the repeat bar including the dots, where before they aligned to just
the double bar portion. Probably the reference point of the stencil has
changed.
It was a erroneous calculation in bar-line::calc-anchor which
I corrected in the last upload.

The other regtest changes look acceptable to me, and it seems to work
essentially as fast as the C code on real music.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/30001/lily/bar-line.cc
File lily/bar-line.cc (left):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/30001/lily/bar-line.cc#oldcode66
lily/bar-line.cc:66: Bar_line::non_empty_barline (Grob *me)
Good to keep this in C.  It used to live in paper-column.cc until the
fix to issue 915.  Later, if we want to remove the file completely, it
could go back there, later.
Ok.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/30001/lily/bar-line.cc#oldcode426
lily/bar-line.cc:426: ADD_INTERFACE (Bar_line,
Would this make more sense in define-grob-interfaces.scm ?
It would become the largest docstring in that file, but I don't see any
problem with that.
Done. The docstring will be changed anyway during part II of the
"Big Bar Line Rewriting And Making Life Easier For Everybody" project ;-)

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/30001/lily/grob-scheme.cc
File lily/grob-scheme.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/30001/lily/grob-scheme.cc#newcode459
lily/grob-scheme.cc:459: "Compare two grobs.")
"Does @var{a} lie above @var{b} on the page?"
Done.

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/30001/scm/bar-line.scm
File scm/bar-line.scm (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/diff/30001/scm/bar-line.scm#newcode67
scm/bar-line.scm:67: (define-public (bar-line::non-empty-barline grob)
where do you use this?
Removed - thanks for spotting this. This is a leftover from the attempt
to move bar-line.cc *completely* into Scheme.

Regards,

Marc

http://codereview.appspot.com/6305115/