Re: Current state of release planning.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Current state of release planning.
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:21:03 +0200

John Mandereau <address@hidden> writes:

> If I handled backporting translation updates,

If I handled it, I would try cherry-picking and praying.  If your
proposal is in your comfort zone, I'd not mind letting you handle it.
However, I am not sure that the typical translator will understand what
is expected of him, so I would guess that you'd likely be working more
with commits on the main translation branch than your plan calls for.

> I would create translation-2.16 branch on central repository on
> Savannah, with the policy to allow history rewriting on that branch, I
> would rebase it on stable/2.16, ask translators to work on a separate
> branch checked out from stable/2.16 (but that would never get pushed
> except something like dev/translator-name), apply patches from emails
> or cherry-pick from dev/translator-name on translation-2.16, build
> this branch with Patchy and if Patchy is successful fast-forward
> stable/2.16 to translation-2.16, and repeat the process once (or if
> necessary twice) a week.

[...]  If you want to try, go ahead.