Re: Regtests

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Regtests
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:10:30 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm confused (status normal).  Over the last few releases of Lilypond,
> slurs and time signatures on non-standard staves seem to have
> oscillated in shape/ position.  I attach 4 images showing this:  2 are
> from 2.15.95 versus 2.15.42, and 2 from 2.15.42 versus 2.15.40.  2
> questions: do we know why the slur shapes keep changing; ditto the
> time sig position (and more importantly for this) and which is
> correct?

The changes should be consistent with the long and winded commit and
revert history of
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2533>.

The current status should be as intended (I am not convinced that it is
optimal with regard to time signature position).  It is unfortunate that
this set of changes has not been managed as several independent issues.

The regtest image comparisons I did on this commit series (I verified
each commit independently) seems in concord with expectations.