Re: Regtests

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Regtests
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:15:38 +0100

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 01:09:20PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> 2.17.1.  The official regtest comparison is against 2.15.38, because
> of the vagaries of my initial GUB build.

ouch, but not critical in this case.  Mike's monster patch changes
pretty much everything, so a regtest comparison isn't useful.
I mean, it's big enough that it would be more effective to reset
the web regtest checker and recruit a new wave of users to
evaluate them.

In the future, please make sure that the regtests/ directory
contains the regtest tarball of the previous version.  Just
download one from
http://lilypond.org/download/binaries/test-output/

> This is spectacularly useless....  I'll look at the regtests
> with my pixel comparator as soon as the upload of 2.17.1 has
> completed (so far, 4 hours and counting...)

Given Mike's monster, I doubt that the pixel comparator will be
useful for 2.17.1.