Re: Patchy switches for forcing make doc don't seem to work

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Patchy switches for forcing make doc don't seem to work
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:16:02 +0200

Il giorno lun, 20/08/2012 alle 16.59 +0100, James ha scritto:
> Would it be 'easier' to copy test-patches (so to speak) and rename it
> to make-doc-patches and then we have a third command - test-* accept-*
> make-doc-* - and I could run
>
> make-doc-patches 2345

This could be easier for you calling such a command than switching an
option in the configuration file back and forth, indeed; this requires
either saving "make all" output", or rerunning "make all"; second option
is fine I guess, on my Core2 "make all" typically takes 1min40s to 4min,
and it must be faster on your machine (provided you installed GCC
compiler cache, you can do "sudo aptitude install ccache" if you want).

> and it would do just that (and clean up afterwards). I don't ever
> actually 'check' the doc but just make sure it compiles.

You usually don't want to look at all the docs produced with every
patches, but some patches specifically intend to fix some issue in the
doc, so I'm for adding another configuration option to copy the docs
(which implies that you regularly clean the docs output of old issues,
as IIRC each doc build produces roughly 800 MB).

John