Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Gets vertical skylines from grob stencils (issue 5626052)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 04:20:21 +0000

Works nice.
But so far the density of problems in the code as been pretty high.
These problems seem to be in corner cases for which the code is
(unnecessarily?) complex.  It is not clear why the _use_ of skylines has
to change so much at the same time as the _shapes_ of skylines change.

Maybe Joe or someone will pick out the good parts. Otherwise, if we push
it to master we can probably fix any further problems as they are
discovered.  My guess is there will be fewer problems from this than
there were from 'pure-from-neighbor', or the MIDI changes just before
2.14.

On 2012/08/21 09:43:51, mike7 wrote:
On 21 août 2012, at 03:42, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> On 2012/08/18 10:12:00, MikeSol wrote:
>
>> \relative c'' {
>>   \override TupletBracket #'outside-staff-priority = #1
>>   \override TupletNumber #'font-size = #5
>>   \times 2/3 { a4\trill a\trill^"foo" a\trill }
>> }

> Wouldn't it make more sense to have
>  \override TupletNumber #'outside-staff-priority = #1
> as well ?

It would make more sense, but I'm trying to cover all scenarios.
  In the regtest above, I think that "foo" should never collide
  w/ the tuplet number because of outside-staff-priority being
  set for either TupletBracket or TupletNumber.

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you leave out the "foo" the
TupletNumber collides with the trill.  I think I should be able to do
something about that.  If I do the sensible thing and give the
TupletNumber the same outside-staff-priority as the bracket, your new
code says "can't have that" and continues to collide them.

Maybe we can compromise and give a priority-less child the priority of
his parent ... and of course drop all the book-keeping about 'riders'.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5626052/diff/104124/lily/axis-group-interface.cc
File lily/axis-group-interface.cc (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/5626052/diff/104124/lily/axis-group-interface.cc#newcode980
lily/axis-group-interface.cc:980: vertical_skyline_forest[d].push_back
(doctored_skylines);
This selects only the outer skyline of the on-staff objects, so if you
get Russian-egg-doll packing you won't notice.

The tucking of dynamics inside slurs in 'slur-dynamics.ly' looks good,
but with a slight change we see it is really a bug :
  \relative c' {  b( d\( f\)\p b,)  g( d'\(\< d\)\! g,) }

We can get dynamics to tuck under slurs safely, if we
  \override Slur #'outside-staff-priority = #1

http://codereview.appspot.com/5626052/