Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:54:34 +0200

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Let's make a list of tasks we want, then make sure that we're
> doing them on sensible computers.
>
> - Patchy staging-merge: powerful computer, no fixed internet
>   connection.  Every 6 hours?
> - Patchy test-patches: powerful computer, fixed internet
>   connection, lots of free space to host the regtest comparisons.
>   Every 6 hours?
> - translation documentation building: relatively slow computer,
>   fixed internet connection.  Every 24 hours?
>
> anything else?

Running extended regtests suite (a bunch of real-life scores etc) when
we have it prepared?  Sooner or later i'll be doing maintenance on all
my LilyPond scores, and when i'm finished, i'll be glad to contribute
them all for testing sake.
And we could use some Mutopia scores, as discussed during Waltrop meeting.

Also, shouldn't building a release with GUB be listed here?

> what computers do we have available?

When i buy a new laptop it's possible that my desktop will be
available for some work.  IIRC i have a fixed IP, and not-too-bad
bandwidth (0.5 or 1 Mbit/s upload).  The only issue is that it will
never be available 24/7 - more like several hours each day.

cheers,
Janek