Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond

From: James
Subject: Re: automated computing tasks for lilypond
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:44:17 +0100

Hello,

On 28 August 2012 08:17, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> Let's make a list of tasks we want, then make sure that we're
> doing them on sensible computers.
>
> - Patchy staging-merge: powerful computer, no fixed internet
>   connection.  Every 6 hours?
> - Patchy test-patches: powerful computer, fixed internet
>   connection, lots of free space to host the regtest comparisons.
>   Every 6 hours?
> - translation documentation building: relatively slow computer,
>   fixed internet connection.  Every 24 hours?
>
> anything else?  what computers do we have available?

As you know you have mine that already does test-patchy (manually) and
has done 'staging-merge' but it has no real bandwidth to offer
'hosting' or 'remote access' to other users - it sits at home behind a
bog-standard DSL router. So it's essentially a 'push-only' server so
to speak - hence the reason it was ok for Patchy merge. But unless I
can work out how to get access through the DSL router (I've not
checked) it isn't really helpful for those devs that might want to
tweak and test updated scripts. Technically there's no reason why I
couldn't allow ssh access via a terminal session, I just haven't
bothered to figure out how to set up port forwarding on the router
properly yet.

James