Re: Latest commit breaks master

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Latest commit breaks master
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 21:21:47 +0100

James <address@hidden> writes:

> You don't need to explain Jean-Charles, I was just making very
> uneducated observations/guesses.
>
> Anyway, regardless of this we had all agreed to not push anything
> directly to master.

Apparently he didn't.

> Just another uneducated guess based on a simple fact that everything
> had merged fine until that checkin of yours. Then it failed.

Actually, it was a commit of mine on top of that.

> But I don't need anyone to explain it to me, I am sure David et al
> have more pressing matters :)
>
> My job is just to test and merge and shout when something bad happens.
> I try to guess from the logs but sometimes it is hard for me.

In this case, the fault was mine.  Or at least it was caused by a commit
of mine that saw its first full doc build in staging (while having
passed through normal patchy testing fine).  The commit was intended to
flag errors, and, uh, it flagged errors in the docs.  So it was perhaps
a bit too optimistic to push to staging without full doc tests.