Re: Did VerticalAxisGroup default-staff-staff-spacing stop respecting pa

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Did VerticalAxisGroup default-staff-staff-spacing stop respecting padding in 2.17.10?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:38:20 +0100

On 7 févr. 2013, at 16:46, Trevor Bača <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Trevor Bača <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Did VerticalAxisGroup's default-staff-staff-spacing property stop
> respecting the 'padding' attribute between 2.17.9 and 2.17.10?
>
> I ask because I use a custom time signature context in my scores.
>
> Short examples using the custom time signature context under 2.17.9
> and 2.17.10 are attached. You can see that the time signatures in the
> 2.17.9 example float in their own context positioned happily above the
> notes. But the time signatures in the 2.17.10 example have fallen and
> intermingle with the notes.

Most likely candidate

commit 7d3d28de0ce6e2f018aff599cecd944d1754fe3c
Author: Mike Solomon <address@hidden>
Date:   Thu Jan 10 08:54:12 2013 +0100

    Makes all side-positioning based on skylines instead of boxes.

    The major work is in side-position-interface.cc, with minor
    modifications at several places in the code-base to adapt to this.

    This allows for snugger positioning of horizontally-oriented
    fingerings.

    A side-effect of this patch is that side-positioning of all
    cross-staff grobs delves into the element list of axis-groups
    in order to better guess position, which results in less
    collisions (for example, dynamics are less likely to collide
    with cross-staff beams).

though there are some others as well.

That makes sense. Though the tighter positioning afforded by the patch is definitely an extremely good idea.

Just need to preserve the ability of padding to continue to work with the new functionality.

Trevor.

Hey Trevor,

I'll have a look tonight.

Cheers,