Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (iss

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (issue 7310075)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:20:38 +0000

Joe disallowed buildings of zero width in his skylines for reasons given
only as "avoiding numerical inaccuracies".  Could be something like
depending on the +/- sign of 0.0, or depending on advancement through
loops when we increment by a building width.

It seems a bit better, for consistency, to allow zero-width buildings,
so that point-stencils get their requested space around them as
requested by the padding settings.

Best, of course, would be to find and repair the code that cannot handle
zero-widths.  We do not yet have the choice between "a bit better" and
"best", merely "a bit better" or nothing.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/12001/lily/separation-item.cc
File lily/separation-item.cc (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/7310075/diff/12001/lily/separation-item.cc#newcode156
lily/separation-item.cc:156: // If these two uses of inf combine, leave
the empty extent.