Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (iss

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Standardizes use of empty extents in pure heights and skylines. (issue 7310075)
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 12:07:19 +0200

On 16 févr. 2013, at 21:20, address@hidden wrote:

> Best, of course, would be to find and repair the code that cannot handle
> zero-widths.  We do not yet have the choice between "a bit better" and
> "best", merely "a bit better" or nothing.

One solution is to just allow 0-width buildings and then propose a bug fix
whenever numerical inaccuracies actually creep in.
In this case, we'd change the comment to something like "be attentive to
0-width buildings, as they may cause numerical errors."
What would help, of course, is if the comment told what these errors could look
like.

Cheers,
MS