Re: changes.tely: deal with \transposition and instrumentTransposition c

From: dak
Subject: Re: changes.tely: deal with \transposition and instrumentTransposition changes (issue 7404046)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:15:53 +0000

On 2013/02/25 16:02:41, Trevor Daniels wrote:

Not quite, but it is hardly a point worth labouring
over.  Changes are listed with the most recent at the
top, and 'previously' means 'earlier in time', so it
ought to refer to items lower in the list.

Our changes list is not really ordered in strict reverse chronology for
the reader.  That's the way it is accumulating (unless several changes
to one area are getting conflated, in which case changes may appear well
below the top).

I don't see "following" as indicating a time order, and "below" is not
really specific.  I'd have no qualms doing a one-word change without
rerunning reviews, but I don't think that the one-word change "below"
carries the full information, and "next change below" is not much
better.  So unless I get a wording that fares better in terms of being
understandable, I'd lean towards sticking with the current text.

I think people can be expected to read from top to bottom, and I find
specifying things in terms of reading order most natural.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7404046/