Re: Regtest 2.17.13

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Regtest 2.17.13
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:54:53 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Devel" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:54 AM

Phil Holmes writes:

> I've run my pixel comparator

Nice.  Is there any reason for not running this as part of the
release process in GUB and having it available next to

    http://lilypond.org/test/

Greetings, Jan

Quite a few, really. Mainly, it's written in C# on windows, so it couldn't actually be run as part of GUB. I run it on my desktop - it takes about 100% CPU (4 cores) for about 20-30 minutes, so it's fairly intrusive while it's running. Because it takes so much CPU, the fans run at high continuously. Once it's run, I've got another prog (C#, windows) I run to create the web page. It also means you have to grab a copy of every version of Lilypond and download the source tarball for the regtests. You then need to step through all the different regtests and comment to make it worthwhile. If anyone wants to do it, I'd be happy to provide the programs.

It _could_ be done in a VM on the GUB machine but I'd have to set that up.

Alternatively, I was wondering if something similar could be done as part of our make suite using something like md5 checksums or similar - you could checksum the PNG and then create a "diffs" PNG for any that differ?

--
Phil Holmes