Re: An Ubuntu 13.10 font problem?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: An Ubuntu 13.10 font problem?
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 19:33:15 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> [...], with a clef that is rather appalling.  Anybody has an idea
>>> what might be responsible for this one?
>>
>> This is a bug in metapost; cf. this message:
>>
>>   http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/tex-live/2013-May/033640.html
>>
>> AFAIK, this has been fixed in the metapost already, but I'm not sure
>> whether new binaries have already been added to TeXLive (I use the one
>> Karl Berry has sent to me for testing so that I can confirm that the
>> bug is fixed).
>
> I can state that the same file looks ok using TeXlive2012 32bit
> binaries.  Now trying a web update of the TeXlive2013 installation.

After a web update of TeXlive2013 (who is going to actually do that?),
things look reasonable.  So the TeXlive2013 DVD managed to get bad
binaries.  Fabulous.  And the mpost binary of Ubuntu 13.10 is broken
right now even for i386.  Does anybody have an idea where they get their
texlive binaries?  I'd have guessed they compile them themselves, but
then it makes pretty little sense that they have bugs attributed to GCC