Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:45:30 +0200

2013/9/18 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
The one area where I'd consider a web interface a possibly good tradeoff
of matching tools to skills would be translation work: that could/should
be a lot more crowdsourced than it is now.  It turns out that organizing
and tracking incremental translation work requires being able to work
with various scripts and stuff: the translation workflow does not
benefit from web-based tools at all.  As a consequence, we have at most
one translator per language.

I have been using the weblate online translation tool, contributing to the weblate project itself. It is internally based on git. I found it eases work for occasional contributors very much. You receive email notifications every time a string changes.

I don't know what work would had to be done for adapting translations to this system. I could look at it if I find the time.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com