Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: we now have "lilypond" organization on GitHub
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:14:10 +0200

address@hidden (Karl Hammar) writes:

> What's natural is different for different people.
>
> Web interfaces are not natural for me, to the contrary, for me
> they appear constrained.

The main question is what's natural to those people we can have a
reasonable expectation to be working on LilyPond.

Actually, the main question is what they can become used to and end up
working efficiently with without lots of pain.

>> You can't do _that_ with plain Git.
>
> Github isn't plain git either.
>
> I'm perfectly fine with git and email, your requirments might differ
> from mine.
>
> ///
>
> I don't know about github, but I wouldn't be surprised if their rules
> would be something that I wouldn't accept. You might be more liberal
> in what you tolerate from 3rd parties.

<URL:https://help.github.com/articles/github-terms-of-service>

Of course, anything that one can pull into git is reasonably safe from
drastic measures taken, but the same does not hold for any other
infrastructure provided by GitHub.