Re: Microtonal accidentals

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Microtonal accidentals
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:09:59 +0100

[Moved to the thread to lilypond-devel, where it might be more visible.]

On 21 Nov 2013, at 09:55, Philippe Ploquin <address@hidden> wrote:

> The accidental called "eksik bakiye" is missing in lilypond. It is mentioned
> in the manual, but does not appear in the "makam.ly" file or by searching in
> the emmentaler fonts. This accidental is a sort of sharp and increase the
> note by about 3/9 "koma". It looks like a sharp with only a single vertical
> bar and one horizontal or oblique bar.

I guess it is [1], #212, from the font mentioned towards the bottom of [2],
discussed at [3], which has some other microtonal accidentals as well,
including Persian koron #249, and sori #248.

1. http://www.pertout.com/Microtonal%20Notation%20Font.pdf
2. http://www.pertout.com/PhD2007Introduction.htm
3. http://musescore.org/en/node/11423