Re: CG: basic cleanup (issue 46120044)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: CG: basic cleanup (issue 46120044)
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 20:45:45 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/46120044/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi
File Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi (left):

https://codereview.appspot.com/46120044/diff/1/Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi#oldcode729
Documentation/contributor/source-code.itexi:729: @end example
On 2014/01/01 06:08:09, Graham Percival wrote:
as long as you began with a git clone ...

Okay.
I am still set up the old way, fetching branches individually (which is
rather inconvenient) and did not realize that `git clone` sets up a
wild-card pattern for fetching, so that even branches newly-created
after the clone get fetched.   The new way sounds better.

Janek, when people start with `git clone` do they also get a staging
branch that tracks the one on savannah?
I think we still want at least one mention of how to set up a 'staging'
branch to track origin/staging,
  git checkout --track -b staging origin/staging

https://codereview.appspot.com/46120044/