Re: CG: basic cleanup (issue 46120044)

From: James
Subject: Re: CG: basic cleanup (issue 46120044)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 11:49:10 +0000

On 01/01/14 21:35, David Kastrup wrote:
Benkő Pál <address@hidden> writes:

2014/1/1  <address@hidden>:
Janek, when people start with `git clone` do they also get a staging
branch that tracks the one on savannah?
I think we still want at least one mention of how to set up a 'staging'
branch to track origin/staging,
   git checkout --track -b staging origin/staging
you can set up any branch to track origin/staging (or origin/master
or origin/dev/janek/fancy-feature or whatever) directly.  I always set
up my topic branches so.
Don't track staging, or you'll end up pushing bad staging commits back
into staging whenever staging has to be reset.

And this should go into the CG too :)

James