License of files in Documentation/pictures and ability to distribute the

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: License of files in Documentation/pictures and ability to distribute them unclear
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 15:28:22 -0800

There are a lot of files in Documentation/pictures which have no clear
license, and unfortunately, the git log for them isn't clear at all
either.

Some of them cannot be distributed by lilypond either, for example,
logo-debian.png is the Debian Restricted Use Logo.[1]

It's great that a lot of them have the source which they were built from
present, but there are some which are still missing the source. [For
example, logo-debian.png can (and probably should) be built directly
from the SVG[2] at the appropriate size (or just the SVG used).]

1: http://www.debian.org/logos/index.en.html#restricted-use
2: http://www.debian.org/logos/openlogo-nd.svg

We have to face the fact that either all of us are going to die
together or we are going to learn to live together and if we are to
live together we have to talk.
 -- Eleanor Roosevelt