Re: python/convertrules.ly: Use bare rhythms after ties for simplecases

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: python/convertrules.ly: Use bare rhythms after ties for simplecases (issue 49470049)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 20:56:30 -0000

tdaniels wrote Friday, January 10, 2014 8:39 PM

>> It would seem that when you added the respective template lines, you
> should have
>> updated the version number of the file as well.
>
> With hindsight.  But we never do that when editing
> doc files as a rule.
>
>> Now of course, in analogy to the last conversion, I should exempt the
> learning
>> manual from this automatic conversion.  But you still should fix the
> version
>> header to 2.18.0 or so, assuming that no other rules applied.
>
> OK.  I'll do that.

Actually this seems to be a consequence of not bumping _all_
version numbers to the current release.  Before, when editing
doc files, we always assumed Lily code being added should
use the syntax of the current release in master.  But now this
assumption may trigger inappropriate conversions, as here.

This needs to be thought through again.

Trevor