Re: Question about the make check tests

From: James
Subject: Re: Question about the make check tests
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 12:42:02 +0000

On 30/01/14 11:21, David Kastrup wrote:
James <address@hidden> writes:

On 22/01/14 18:16, David Kastrup wrote:
"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

Think it's worth putting this up as an Issue, so as not to lose it.
Probably worth putting up as _9_ issues since tackling one in general
will be independent from tackling another.

I haven't forgotten about this.

I'll try and do it sometime today.
I was going to say that most of them will spend not much more than 5-10
minutes to fix anyway, but on second thought I am not sure about that:
"programming error" indicates a message that should not be appearing in
the first place, so it's not just a question of routing the regtest
around the error: even if the regtest in itself is doing something bad,
a "programming error" will not likely be an appropriate response.

What was also perplexing but is just adding noise at the moment is that I had something like 16 'errors' flagged after the make check when I looked at the logs, but when I ran LilyPond against those .ly files as if they were normal .ly files than with the make check script, only 9 still borked.

I think there are a couple of reg tests that explicitly WANT a reg test error (i.e. it should fail and if it doesn't then there is something wrong!), but I think those are not the problem ones.

James