Re: [gnu-advisory] Request for a VM hosting Allura bugtracker forGNU Lil

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: [gnu-advisory] Request for a VM hosting Allura bugtracker forGNU LilyPond
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 20:37:31 +0100

"Nacho Gonzlez Lpez" wrote Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:52 AM

> I'll create the VM later today. sadly we have only 1 external IP address on
> the machine.
>
> I cannot provide you a dedicated public IP but I can redirect the ports you
> ask me.

I don't believe we've replied to this yet, and I for one don't
really understand what is being offered here.  Will the VM to
be provided come complete with an installed OS?  If so, what is
it, how will it be restarted, maintained, etc.  If not, presumably
we will need to install an OS and maintain it.  Not trivial when
this is a server open to the world, and needing to be properly
secured.  Perhaps we should clarify this first, unless someone
already knows the answers.

Trevor