Re: [gnu-advisory] Request for a VM hosting Allura bugtracker forGNU Lil

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [gnu-advisory] Request for a VM hosting Allura bugtracker forGNU LilyPond
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:33:00 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I've checked the two processes running (see attachment).  Of course
>>> I'm not _using_ allura, it's open in my browser but I'm not doing
>>> anything.  I don't know if this is useful at all... Maybe we'd
>>> better ask the Allura people..
>>
>> Why don't we just see what the GNU people will give us as a maximum
>> - I am sure there will be an upper limit - and (as we say in the UK)
>> 'suck it and see'.
>
> OK, so I'll ask for at least 10GByte hard disk space, and I will show
> the `top' output to them, suggesting that they should give us as much
> as possible.
>
> Objections?

Everybody wants as much as possible and the point of a VM is to support
multiple tasks.  So it would be good if we could narrow it down
somewhat.  We are only going to run Allura here right now, no compilers
and other stuff.  We don't want to get as low in memory as to
significantly increase disk traffic.  But since we are not going to run
a desktop (correct me if I am wrong) I think we should be fine with a
starting RAM of 1GB.  If we find that we need consistently more or less,
we can still ask back.