Re: thinking twice about the new issue tracker

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: thinking twice about the new issue tracker
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 12:08:08 +0100

Phil Holmes wrote Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:31 AM

> Finally, FWIW I have no objection to continuing to use SourceForge for issue
> hosting.  I realise it counts as non-free and has had issues over including
> unwanted functionality in downloads, but Google ain't exactly free either,
> and we have no intention of using it other than for issue management.

As the Allura code is open-source it is at least a step forward from GC.
And if we can make the Savannah hosting work we're then totally OS and free.

I actually have no objection to the SF advertising myself.  It is only
through advertising that all the free (as in no charge) services we
enjoy are available to us.  The advertisers pick up all the bills for
hosting and connection charges.  Seems a fair-enough deal to me.
It's easy to ignore the adverts.

Trevor