Re: thinking twice about the new issue tracker

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: thinking twice about the new issue tracker
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 15:31:37 +0200

Il giorno sab 5 set 2015 alle 2:59, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 6:11 AM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

 This is on the GC FAQ covering migration to GitHub:

 Error "Project cannot be migrated because it has too many issues."
 There is a hard limit on the number of issues that can be exported
 by the tool, per repo.
 If your project has more than 1,000 issues the export will fail.

 We have over 4,000.  With image attachments.

The Go project has migrated form GC to github as well, and they have
well over 1k issues. (8k at the time of migration, if memory serves,
https://github.com/golang/go)

Han-Wen, you missed some emails in this thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2015-09/msg00017.html

Github was never considered as an option right from the start. No need to discuss further.

Some comments on my quick tests of Google IssueExporter to Github and Bitbucket are here:
https://github.com/gogits/gogs/issues/809