Re: Small error in Allura issue import

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Small error in Allura issue import
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 16:28:08 +0100

Trevor Daniels wrote Friday, September 04, 2015 11:25 PM

> Simon Albrecht wrote Friday, September 04, 2015 11:08 PM
>
>> Am 04.09.2015 um 13:17 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
>>
>>> Simon Albrecht wrote Friday, September 04, 2015 12:50 AM

>>> I just tried editing the same issue in my other Allura project which I'm
>>> using as a test-bed.  Sure enough, the comments were "deleted".
>>> However, when I went into edit again and saved it without making any
>>> changes the comments re-appeared!
>>>
>>> We need to try to understand what is happening here.
>>>
>>> @Simon: could you try doing that to see if it resurrects the comments
>>> of our real issue 3900.
>>
>> Indeed it did. Most curious, if you ask me…
>
> Well, it's not often we need to change the issue title, so as we have an easy
> work-around like this let's just put this down as a curiosity.  We don't know
> enough about Allura yet to think about investigating (yes, I've changed my
> mind from yesterday :)

Well, James has just demonstrated this _is_ serious.  He's just done three bulk
edits changing the patch statuses of old issues and this has caused all the
discussion posts of all those issues to vanish.  While the posts can be
recovered by editing each affected issue individually I can't see any way of
doing this in bulk as the characteristic which identified them has now been
deleted.  This is serious.  One of the most useful features of our issues
database has been lost, or at least hidden, for over 100 issues.

Trevor