Re: Doc: NR: 3.x Clarification for \keepWithTag and fix Typo in example

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Doc: NR: 3.x Clarification for \keepWithTag and fix Typo in example (issue 279140043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 06:54:42 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/279140043/diff/60001/Documentation/notation/input.itely
File Documentation/notation/input.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/279140043/diff/60001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2319
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2319: \tag #'D { d4 d d d }
On 2016/02/21 12:17:12, simon.albrecht wrote:
I’d suggest having one untagged hunk as well, to clarify behaviour on
these.

Can you give me the full example you'd like?

https://codereview.appspot.com/279140043/diff/60001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2323
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2323: \keepWithTag #'(A B)
On 2016/02/22 17:05:13, dak wrote:
On 2016/02/21 12:17:12, simon.albrecht wrote:
> I do think we should advertise the proper LilyPond syntax of
> \keepWithTag A.B
> here. It’s quite easier to type and nicer. I’d also prefer
> \tag A {}
> over
> \tag #'A {}
> but I don’t know if this is enough of a ‘standard’ – David?

Tags tended to be chosen in ways not matching a LilyPond "word", for
example
containing numbers.  Since they are not used as \word but only ever as
symbols,
there was no incentive to choose them compatibly before x.y acquired a
Scheme-level meaning.

Sigh.

OK that means nothing to me (gobbledygook) and now I don't know what to
do with this information and the Patch remains stuck.

From what I *think* this means you are saying that unless I use a naming
convention for my Tags that are 'simple' and without numbers or spaces
or something else I have to use #' i.e.

\keepWithTag #'(violin2) {a b c d}

versus just

\keepWithTag violin {a b c d}

?

It doesn't hurt to explain when someone needs to use '# and I can figure
out how to express that in the doc but I don't really understand fully
what is being discussed here.

https://codereview.appspot.com/279140043/diff/60001/Documentation/notation/input.itely#newcode2330
Documentation/notation/input.itely:2330: @code{#'D}.