Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 13:22:10 +0100

Hi,

I tested the patch on my scores now (SATB choirs) and it works
perfectly. I applied the 0001-Automated-lyric-extenders.patch and it
adds the extenders where I had put them by hand before and a few other
reasonable places. Before, I made a per-syllable-decision whether I put
it or not. Now, a given minimum-length is much more consistent troughout
the piece. 1.5 is a reasonable default value in my scores.

Explicit __ extenders are printed no matter if it is too short or not.
Is that expected? (It makes sense but looks ugly :) But ok, if the users
insists.)

So, I could not find any drawbacks. It works. The questions about how
many properties are needed and how they are called, are going into a
good direction, I think.

Thanks for your work, Alexander and Knut et al.!

Cheers,
Joram