Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: music function to be included somewhere in scm/*
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 12:46:53 +0100

Hi all,

On 2016-12-16 19:13, Knut Petersen wrote:
Hi Paul, Alexander et. al!

I need to be very short as a rehearsal is waiting.

same here - I was and still am busy with pre-christmas performances.

I'd advocate to keep minimum-length.

I second the vote for collapse-length.

(I agree with you that minimum-length is not a bad name per se, but the meaning is different for spanners and extenders. For spanners, the description of the property and its functionality matched way better in the past, and users are more aware of that meaning. Now that extenders will be auto-generated, it's even more crucial than before that we avoid confusion.)

I also need some way to force an extender and to inhibit extender
generation.
Forcing an individual extender should overrule a general inhibition of
extenders.
Details can be hidden by some music functions ... but there's not time
to generate a patch now.

Have a look at the attached ly and the generated pdf ... and comment on the
chosen names and syntax. It should be self-explanatory.

It is to me. Thanks.

Nevertheless, I guess we are at a point where we get an evaluation of the syntax and behavior by some people that have not been as involved in the feature development as we've been. I have a blind spot for any decisions on syntax as soon as I internalized what the engraving result will be.

Cheers,
Alexander