Re: [2.20] Issue 4943 Manual page breaking causing assertion failure usi

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: [2.20] Issue 4943 Manual page breaking causing assertion failure using Windows
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:23:44 +0100

> On Wed, 4 Jan 2017 at 14:25 Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, it's odd. I'm not sure this is anything to do with /overrideProperty.
>
> Referring back to my original tests, I can change your definitions to the
> following, and it will crash on each of your test cases:
>
> Uncomment the \override line-break-permission and it renders OK.
>
> Chris
>
> ------------
> myAutoBreaksOn = {
>   %\override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission = #'allow
>   \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = #'allow
> }
>
> myAutoBreaksOff = {
>   %\override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-permission = ##f
>   \override Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.page-break-permission = ##f
> }

Hi Chris,

meanwhile I'm at the end of my knowledge.
So I limited myself to the attempt of creating a meaningful test-file.
It should display in terminal which Staff is currently compiled.

I hope lilypond will proceed with the next score once an assertion
failure happens (not sure about that, though)

In order not to clutter the terminal output you could compile it with
lilypond --loglevel=WARN manual-breaking-assertion-failure-04.ly

I'd expect some assertion failures, but at least some scores should
work for you (hopefully).
Please post the terminal output.

Cheers,
  Harm