Re: True Hand-engraved Dashed Slurs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: True Hand-engraved Dashed Slurs
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:23:01 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> But the issue of non-uniform t along the length of the bezier curve is
> a legitimate issue.  I am looking into it to see if there are any
> readily available solutions.
>
> This is an example of something that one would hope to benefit from if
> LilyPond were to go to Cairo.

Don't think there'd be a benefit for this one since a slur is not a line
or similar readily available shape.  You would not want to dash it with
a clip mask: that would make the dashing unaligned with the curve and
the beginning and end of slur.

So at least this one is going to be just as much work with and without
Cairo.