tex is running out of room for \dimen

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: tex is running out of room for \dimen
Date: 27 Aug 2001 09:59:03 -0400

My complete dowland "book" is now over 150 pages, which is large
compared to my other lilypond book files, and maybe for lilypond-book
input files in general, but certainly not large as compared with lots
of LaTeX files in the world.

Since I added the last two or three songs to the book, I have been
getting several error messages whenever I run latex on the
lilypond-book output:

! No room for a new \dimen .
address@hidden ...\else \errmessage {No room for a new #3}
                                                  \fi
l.389 }\input lilyponddefs\newdimen\outputscale
                                                \outputscale=\lilypondpapero...

?

As far as I can tell, they're harmless; I just hit carriage return at
the question mark, and the latex output seems to be fine.  But does
anyone know what I should do to get rid of them?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139