Re: midi to ly conversion

From: Martin Norbäck
Subject: Re: midi to ly conversion
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:34:41 +0200

2001-09-18 14:39:34+0200, Joerg Anders <address@hidden> ->
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Martin Norbäck wrote:
>
> > I tried to use midi to ly conversion on a midi file[1], (which also happens
> > to be some voices of the score I am working on). I thought I would save
> > myself some work by converting this file to ly.
> >

> > Another option would be to beg for help from anyone using encore, to
> > export them into a more lilypond-friendly format.
> >

> Have you tried "noteedit" ?
>
> http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html

Ok, thanks to this tip I made the effort to install the neccessary
libraries to compile this program.

It seems to work relatively good. It output stem directions even though
I told it not to (easy to remove).

Other than that, the output is very good.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion to use this program! I've tried the
other features out a bit. So far I think I'll stick to lilypond for
notating, but this sure did help!

        n.

--
[ http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/ ] [ PGP: 0x453504F1 ] [ UIN: 4439498 ]
    Opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of my future employees.