Re: midi to ly conversion

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: midi to ly conversion
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:25:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Martin Norbäck wrote:

> > Have you tried "noteedit" ?
> >
> > http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/noteedit/noteedit.html
>
> Ok, thanks to this tip I made the effort to install the neccessary
> libraries to compile this program.
>
> It seems to work relatively good. It output stem directions even though
> I told it not to (easy to remove).

... this is a misunderstanding! The checkbox is named
"keep stem dir.", not "omit stem statements"! It is no
good idea to omit all stem statements in LilyPond.
This can produce a chaos.

For example: Try to delete the "\stemUp" in the following
example and see what happens...

        \include "paper20.ly"
        \score {
                \notes\relative c' {