Re: letter size

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: letter size
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 12:27:08 +0000

On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 14:43:21 Rune Zedeler wrote:
> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
>
> > I have tried that rather thoroughly, and what I *usually* get is a
> > choice between the copyright and/or taglines and the page numbers. I
> > haven't tried other footers. So the output is satisfactory only
> > sometimes, unless you are printing a taller size than A4.
>
> Try and process this file (test.ly) with ly2dvi
>
> \score {
>    \context Staff \notes \repeat unfold 180 { c' d' e' f' }
>    \paper {
>        linewidth = 18.0\cm
>        textheight = 23.0\cm
>    }
> }
>
> and then run
>
> dvips -t letter -O 0,-0.5cm -o test.ps test.dvi
>
> I am pretty sure that you well get both page numbers and tagline.
> If you would please explain which part of my explanation that you did
> not understand...?
>

> -Rune

Thank you.  I understood it perfectly, I have tried using very
similar arguments without success, and I will try your exact things
first
thing tomorrow.  The offset parameters improve the centering, but that
is not
the only problem.   :-)

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden