Re: How to remove first score indentation?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to remove first score indentation?
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:49:03 +0100

Having gone through all the manual, I noticed that we may want to
change lilypond-book slightly more. After my change to lilypond-book,
an example like
-------------
Some text
\begin[fragment]{lilypond}
  c d e f
\end{lilypond}
some more text
------------

will really come out like

Some text <the music> some more text.

which is a desirable thing (adding the quote option sets the music
on a separate line and begins a new paragraph directly after the music).
However, I would suggest that verbatim would add a \newline or \par
after the music, since it already adds a new line before quoting the source code and it looks really strange if you don't get a new line after the music too.
This would handle almost all the situations where I now had to
manually specify quote in the manual.

You could compare the difference between noquote (i.e. the
new default behaviour) and quote as the difference between
$...$ and $$...$$ when typesetting math in LaTeX. I'll think
of a better explanation of the option for the reference manual.

    /Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
I have now changed the default behaviour to not add any quotation
block. The patch can be found in the CVS repository for the
development series. I have just initiated a compilation of the
manual to verify that it survives unchanged or improved.

    /Mats