using lilypond tab for "chords"

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: using lilypond tab for "chords"
Date: 23 May 2003 11:10:18 -0400

Attached is my first attempt at writing lily tablature.  It's a
transcription of two measures of Dowland's lute tab.  I have a couple
of questions:

        I have managed to turn the stems off, but how do I turn off
        the dots?  They look silly, without the stems.

        I tried using Rune's suggestion for using letters instead of
        numbers, and it doesn't work.  What am I (or he) doing wrong?
        The error message says:

Parsing...
Interpreting music...Type check for `tablatureFormat' failed; value
`fret-letter-tablature-format' must be of type `procedure'

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139
(If I haven't invited you to my party on June 7, I'm sure it was an oversight.)