Re: using lilypond tab for "chords"

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: using lilypond tab for "chords"
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:40:13 +0200

Laura Conrad wrote:
Attached is my first attempt at writing lily tablature.  It's a
transcription of two measures of Dowland's lute tab.  I have a couple
of questions:

        I have managed to turn the stems off, but how do I turn off
        the dots?  They look silly, without the stems.

\property TabStaff.Dots \override #'transparent = ##t

You know where to look for the name of the graphics objects,
don't you? (lilypond.org->Documentation:index->Doc of internals).

        I tried using Rune's suggestion for using letters instead of
        numbers, and it doesn't work.  What am I (or he) doing wrong?
        The error message says:

Just remove the quote before the function name:

\property TabStaff.tablatureFormat = #fret-letter-tablature-format

   /Mats