Help in setting up music fragments in LaTeX

From: jeff williams
Subject: Help in setting up music fragments in LaTeX
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:23:21 -0600

Greetings,

I'm trying to print a viola flashcard using LaTeX and Lilypond.  Output will
be on laser business card stock, thus I need to use the Labels style sheet
for LaTeX.

The problem, the fragment of music which will be on the front of the card
seems to be the width of a normal line of print (6.5 in), and not the 3.5 in
needed for the business card.  I've tried explicitly setting line width as
per the lilypond-book manual, but the output still overflows the business
card.

I've also tried "raggedright", explicit line breaks, and the fragment tag but
to no avail.

Any ideas?  I sure would like to help my daughter learn alto cleff as she
transitions from the violin to the viola.

Many thanks.

--
jeff williams - address@hidden

=========== source ================