Re: Help getting started

From: donald_j_axel
Subject: Re: Help getting started
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:08:57 +0200

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 20:37:50 +0200
Han-Wen Nienhuys  <address@hidden> wrote:
> The discussion about lacking quality of the user-manual is a recurring
> theme. The last time, it gave rise to the wiki, whose popularity has
> been rather disappointing IMO.

Yes, unfortunately. I would like to strike another note:

Look at this example from Mutopia, this is such a fine piano-layout:

http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=449

Sanderson writes this comment:
%%%%% This piece, an expansion of Ascher's popular "Alice" tune,
%%%%%   is, I believe, typical of the repertory of the parlor performer.
%%%%%   I suspect it exists on a piano roll somewhere.
%%%%% The original is very dim; the transcription was as true as
%%%%%   possible; corrections are welcome.
%%%%% The limitations of Lilypond (especially with respect to slurs)
%%%%% are apparent; however, its strengths, even at the development
%%%%%   stage, are amazing.

Yes, amazing.

Regards/Donald
--