Re: Another Lilypond Story

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Another Lilypond Story
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:16:59 +0100

On Thursday 16 December 2004 22.10, address@hidden wrote:
> I used Lilypond to write "The Legend of the Toad", which will be
> commercially available mid January in a recording by Roby Lakatos,
> and for which a demo which can be downloaded from
>
> http://www.thelegendofthetoad.com
>
> as well as the Lilypond-engraved scores.

Great!

Very nice dedication also. A small note: It could be adequate to mention which
lily version that has been used in the PDF you published, for the interested
reader (at least I had the question in mind when I read it :) ).

> (This does not mean that the music is not copyrighted, or that it is
> not subject to execution rights, it just means that the score are
> available free of charge).

Did you check if there is a license at Creative Commons (creativecommons.org)
which would be adequate to use for the score?

It might be a better protection for your copyright, if you attach a concrete
license to the score, which clearly states what you may and may not do,
written in lawyer language. There are many different licenses at CC, chances
are that one of them suits you.

Erik