Re: notation for pitch bends and drops

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: notation for pitch bends and drops
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:53:54 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> > All this will be done on the 2.5 branch. If you want a backport to
> > 2.4, that would cost an additional EUR 20 (USD 25). 2.6 will be
> > released in one to two months, hopefully.
> >
> > Of course, you're welcome to garner some fellow sponsor to keep the
> > cost per person down.
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Han-Wen
>
> Gee, I don't know... that seems a bit steep. I'm only a student, and
> so my finances are not unlimited... note I can get Finale academic
> edition for $300, Sibelius academic edition for $215.

[to the list as well.. ]

Hi,

I can understand that you think it is exorbitant, but you maybe you
can take a look from my perspective. I'd really want Lilypond to be
the standard for music notation, and over the past 8 years I've but
more or less 4 full-time unpaid man-years into this project to make it
so. It's been tremendous fun, but since I started a real job, I ceased
to have a social life.  For that reason, I've just quit that job,
hoping to make a (small) living off LilyPond.

BTW, if anyone wants to pool together money for a feature, I'd
consider not shuffling around the money on paypal, since every time
that happens, Paypal takes out another cut.