Re: epsfile include question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: epsfile include question
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:22:46 +0200

Henrik Frisk wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:

Henrik Frisk wrote:

Two questions about the \epsfile statement that I can't find in the
documentation:
1. Is it not possible to move the eps graphic? I have tried \raise
without success.

You can't move scripts wholesale with \raise. See

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Text-markup.html

Graham,

A few lines fell out of my first post. I have tried a number of commands apart
from \raise which obviously doesn't work. As far as I understand, \translate
would be one possible way to move the graphic and I can move it sideways but
not up or down. IOW the following moves it to the right but not up:

\markup { \translate #(cons 2 5) \epsfile #"eps/nssffff.eps" }

The example from the 2.4 manual doesn't work out of the box in 2.6.
You have to replace the "" with " " or \hspace #1.0 to give \raise
some object to raise relative to. Of course, a better alternative is
probably to increase the padding:
\once \override TextScript #'padding = #3.0
c^\markup{...}

   /Mats