Re: epsfile include question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: epsfile include question
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:08:23 -0700

On 24-Aug-05, at 3:17 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
You can't move scripts wholesale with \raise. See

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Text-markup.html

Graham,

Where did this information go in the 2.6/2.7 manual?

As Mats said, this trick no longer works, so I removed it. I've added info with new tricks (#'padding, and using \hspace #0 to create an "anchor" point).

Will
\markup{ \hspace #0 \raise #3 "high text" }
continue to work in the future? When we noticed that "" \raise and " " \raise
didn't work, there was a discussion about whether the whitespace should
work in the same in future versions; you didn't want to commit to doing that.
Is \hspace #0 a stable construct?  (if not, could we have a \null markup
command that _is_ stable, and does the same thing as \hspace #0 ?)

Cheers,
- Graham